I’m training to run my first half marathon this fall! I’ll be racing the Navy Air Force Half Marathon in September and recapping each week of training on the Tuesdays leading up to race day. Thanks for following along!
Week three is in the books! I would give it a B+. I got in all of my runs, and I had a dedicated cross training day but ran out of time on Friday to do another bike session. I also did okay on the strength side, but Thursday and Sunday only had time for a quick warm-up, the run, and a fast post-stretch session. In fact, I woke up late on Tuesday and could only squeeze in 2.5 miles of my prescribed 3.5 before work. I need to make the time for the little (big) things.
- Monday (7/13): Rest
- Tuesday (7/14): 2.5 Run/Walk Miles + Myrtl
- Wednesday (7/15): 1.0 Run + 7.0 Miles Biking + Arm Weights
- Thursday (7/16): 3.5 Run/Walk Miles + Myrtl
- Friday (7/17): Core + Arms Weights
- Saturday (7/18): Rest
- Sunday (7/19): 5.0 Run/Walk Miles
Weekly Mileage: 12 Run/Walk, 7 Biking
How is your training going? Do you ever have to split up your mileage?