When I read this week’s Friday Five theme, I immediately thought about the opposite of delicious summer drinks: mainly, my two big smoothie recipe failures. The first? Accidentally making a ginger + fruit smoothie with vanilla almond milk. Unsurprisingly, ginger + vanilla are pretty unappetizing together. The second? A chocolate peppermint smoothie. I don’t know if it was the recipe or me, but that thing was inedible.
On the other hand, these five summer drinks are delicious.
- Iced coffee. Typical, simple, essential.
- Lemonade. I have been craving this all summer long. Even when I bring leftovers for lunch, I will go out in search of lemonade and use it as an excuse to walk a block around my office.
- Sangria. Yes, please. I need to try making my own! Sangria + paella dinner?!
- Nuun energy in wildberry. This is a running blog after all! This is my go-to Nuun for a sweaty, morning run.
- Stiegl-Radler Grapefruit. Stiegl wins as my absolute, current summer favorite. It’s a mix of Stiegl-Goldbräu + fruit soda and is refreshing, bubbly. I look for it at every grocery I visit!
What’s your favorite summer drink? Have you ever made a gross smoothie?