I’m training to run my first half marathon this fall! I’ll be racing the Navy Air Force Half Marathon in September and recapping my training every Tuesday leading up to race day.
Greetings from Michigan! I am back in the Midwest this week with my family and am looking forward to time to unplug, explore, and maybe actually finish a book.
Moving activities occupied most of week five, forcing me to walk, not run, Friday’s mileage, but I fit in my long run and training didn’t suffer too much. We can only do the best we can, right?
Here’s how it breaks down…
- Monday (7/27): Rest
- Tuesday (7/28): 4.0 Run/walk miles
- Wednesday (7/29): Rest
- Thursday (7/30): Strength + arm weights + 6.0 miles biking
- Friday (7/31): 4.0 Walking miles
- Saturday (8/1): Rest (but lugging boxes is practically a workout…)
- Sunday (8/2): 6.0 Run/walk miles + core (more Oiselle Dozen exercises)
Weekly Mileage: 12 Run/Walk, 6 Biking
What week of training are you in?