I’m training to run my first half marathon this fall! I’ll be racing the Navy Air Force Half Marathon in September and recapping my training every Tuesday leading up to race day.
I think this was the best training week yet! While I’m sure the extra time vacation offered helped, I attribute the success to the change in scenery and activity. Both made this week of training click up in the Midwest.
Highlights? Four pain-free runs in one week! Truly breaking in my HOKA Challengers on some dirt and trail. First time stand-up paddle boarding. Running to the Frankfort lighthouse. Post-run doughnut(s) and coffee.
Here’s how it breaks down…
- Monday (7/27): Rest/Travel to MI
- Tuesday (7/28): 4.0 Run/walk miles + hike in Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Wednesday (7/29): Core + 1 hour walk
- Thursday (7/30): 4.0 Running miles + strength + 1 hour stand-up paddle boarding
- Friday (7/31): 3.0 Running miles
- Saturday (8/1): 5K Run
- Sunday (8/2): Rest
Weekly Mileage: 14.1 Miles
What does your fall racing schedule look like?