This week’s Friday Five takes a look into the future…five years to be exact. I expect these particular five years will be packed with even more changes than the five before it, which included graduating from college, moving to D.C., and beginning graduate school.
It’s a little difficult to see that far into the future, especially when I’m so focused on the next six months. I want to cross that finish line of my first half marathon, conduct my research, finish up my thesis and walk away with my degree by December.
However, there are a few things I feel pretty certain about. Here are 5 Things I’ll Be Doing in 5 Years…
- Running. Call me a marathoner! I plan to take care of that goal in April 2016…looking at you, Glass City Marathon.
- Working. No more fellowships, research assistantships, unpaid internships or practicums. In five years, I’ll be chugging away at a big kid job and working toward solving global health inequity.
- Getting back to the books. I don’t have a set timeline on this one, but I’d like the return for my PhD. Right now, I’ve been in school since kindergarten and am antsy to put those degrees to work, but I’d like to jump back before five years from now.
- Dog-parenting. I don’t have any plans for tiny humans just yet, but I am dreaming of fluffy, running companion(s).
- City living. I’m not anxious to return to a world of driving from place to place in the next five years. Will it still be D.C.? I can’t see that far into the future just yet, but I know it is the perfect place to call home right now.
What will you be doing in five years?