Did anyone else think of the movie I Know What You Did Last Summer when you read this week’s Friday Five theme? Remember Freddie Prinze, Jr.?
This summer was a good one. No more late night graduate classes or sitting on the sidelines with an injury. I started two new jobs, moved to a new home in NoMa, and took every opportunity to squeeze in summertime after work. Here are five more things I did this summer…
- Began training for my first half marathon. It kicked off the last week of June, and I truly discovered that pace is at the mercy of the current humidity and temperature.
- Tried stand-up paddle boarding for the first time. This was on my summer bucket list, and I was thrilled to try it with my family on big, beautiful Lake Michigan. That vacation was the highlight of my whole summer. Hoping to try SUP again on the Potomac before the summer is over!
- Danced at a wedding. This summer marked the first official wedding season where I attended my friends’ weddings, including my college roommate and a childhood classmate. Next up? Labor Day wedding in New Orleans!
- Enjoyed the little things. I skipped the metro and walked the long way home on a beautiful day. Made ice cream trips after dinner. Went to the movies on a Tuesday night. Played tourist with out-of-town visitors. Finished reading books. Ate outside. Bought a sunflower for a $1.
- Turned twenty-four. And I think it’s going to be the best year yet.
What did you do this summer?