I’m training to run my first half marathon this fall! I’ll be racing the Navy Air Force Half Marathon in September and recapping my training every Tuesday leading up to race day.
I’m proud of my work this week! The runs didn’t exactly happen on the days I intended, but I finished off my highest mileage week to date feeling strong. I made great use of my hotel gym in New Orleans and my last long run boosted my confidence about tackling 13.1
Here’s how week #10 breaks down…
- Monday (8/31): Rest
- Tuesday (9/1): Core + glute strength work + arm weights
- Wednesday (9/2): (AM) 2.25 Miles + (PM) 2.75 Miles + strength work
- Thursday (9/3): Rest + foam rolling
- Friday (9/4): 5.0 Miles + strength (myrtl, weighted squats, arm weights)
- Saturday (9/5): 2.5 Elliptical miles + the Oiselle Dirty Dozen
- Sunday (9/6): Rest (travel day from New Orleans) + foam rolling
- Monday (9/7): 9.25 Miles + myrtl
Weekly Mileage: 19.25 Miles
How do you train when you’re on vacation?