I’m linking up with Running with Spoons again for Thinking Out Loud. Thanks for hosting, Amanda!
Mind dump time! I tried writing yesterday, but all I had to say was “It’s really hot and humid,” “I’m really tired,” and “I’m running a half marathon next week.”
Today isn’t much better, and the topics at the forefront of my brain are still sadly the weather, my lack of rest and that half marathon.
In light of this, today’s Thinking Out Loud post is coming at you in list form. It’s easier on the brain.
- First, honestly, this D.C. weather is brutal. It’s still instant sweat-down-your-back hot and does not fare well when traveling to work in the morning (or anywhere, really).
- I have a J. Crew bag in my closet with an adorable merino wool dress and sweater that will not get to see the light of day for a few more weeks.
- Picking a wedding date, a city and a venue are now on my to-do-list. What?! Send me a wedding planner STAT or a friend particularly skilled in Google Drive. Or maybe just someone who can navigate Google Search toolbar? Anything works.
- Did you know that Google docs actually has pre-made templates for wedding planning? Meet my best friend this coming year.
- I am infinitely happy I will be finishing my Masters by December because I’m not interested in planning a wedding + managing school.
- But I still have to do my research, write my thesis and present it. This piece makes me more nervous than the previous five semester combined.
- I’m running my highest mileage this week, 23 miles, or 32, if you count Monday’s long run from the week before.
- I’m trying to spend all my extra time with a foam roller or on a yoga mat with some stretches (and Netflix). Now is not the time to get an overuse injury.
- I avoided my work duties at the office yesterday and mapped myself a 10-mile run around DC for Sunday. There’s something oddly enthralling about dragging those little dots around to figure out distances.
- A lot of my complaining/unsettledness this week could be easily solved by one really good night of sleep, and in exchange, a more positive outlook on #1, #3, #6 and #7. 🙂
Anyone else on the struggle bus today? I’m thinking I need a nap, an episode of Grey’s Anatomy + that Blue Apron calzone planned for dinner.