I’m training to run my first half marathon this fall! I’ll be racing the Navy Air Force Half Marathon in September and recapping my training every Tuesday leading up to race day.
I clocked a lot of miles last week fitting in two long runs on Monday and Sunday, but I did it. Thirty one miles. I took them slow and easy, especially on Sunday, and emphasized all the recovery methods I could think of to get them in safely.
Parts of me were weary as my Garmin clocked 10.0 on Sunday (looking you, knees), but I can see now that my legs were tired. And that’s okay. I have a week to taper, and my legs will feel better on race day.
Here’s how week #11 breaks down…
- Monday (9/7): 9.25 Miles + myrtl (Week #10’s long run)
- Tuesday (9/8): Rest
- Wednesday (9/9): (AM) 3.5 Miles + (PM) 1.5 Miles + strength work
- Thursday (9/10): 3.0 Miles + myrtl
- Friday (9/11): 4.0 Miles + strength work
- Saturday (9/12): 20 Min. Recovery Yoga + (7/12) Oiselle Dirty Dozen
- Sunday (9/13):10.0 Miles + myrtl + 20 Min. Recovery Yoga + foam rolling
Weekly Mileage: 31.25 Miles
Are you racing this weekend? Any half marathon taper tips?