I’m linking up with Running with Spoons again for Thinking Out Loud. Thanks for hosting, Amanda!
I like the list form I took up last week so I think we’re going to try this again.
- People, I’m picking up my bib tomorrow! It’s real!
- I have the whole day off Friday so I’m going to savor it. I’m thinking a little extra sleep, a bagel breakfast + a screening of Everest. Then heading to the expo before five to avoid the lines.
- I’lm aready plotting what Navy Air Force Half Marathon gear to buy, and I haven’t even seen any of it yet. Maybe a 3/4 zip?! Buy moniez.
- Also, my family arrives tomorrow. I’ve missed them so much and am looking forward to spending time with them this weekend. I’ve got a ramen dinner at Diakaya, the H Street Festival, and the DC United v. Columbus Crew (our local MLS team) lined up.
- Alex’s work is hosting a little happy hour this evening for us to celebrate our engagement, and I couldn’t think of a nicer way to start off the weekend early.
- I’ve got one last two-miler in the books today before two days of complete rest leading up to Sunday’s half marathon. I ran a lot of miles last week, and I don’t want any surprise overuse injuries popping up. So far so good!
- Right now, I’m in the mindset of, “I can do this,” but I’m sure the nerves are on their way.
- I believe I can run the distance, but I’m keep all my fingers and toes crossed that I can finish strong.
Are you racing this weekend?
Where do you take your family when they come to visit?