- My parents. As I’ve written before, my parents were the original runners. They weren’t running when I picked it up, but my running re-sparked theirs. Since then, my dad calls to let me know his mileage (20+ miles a week!), and I think, if my Dad can wake up for a run at 5am before treating patients for 12 hours…then I can run too.
- Alex. My fiancé is my speedier half but will run/bike next to me if it helps me get out there. He’s also the one who reminds me how bad I want to see a goal through when I’d rather skip a day.
- The Oiselle Voleé. This group of women is inspiring, and they make me want to run. Head up, wings out.
- Emily is one of my best friends in the word, and she’s a runner. She’s the first friend I knew who ran long distances, and the first one who made running all those miles possible.
- All of you! Which sounds terrible cheesy, but it’s so true. I am constantly motivated by the work others do for this thing we all love, and it’s infectious.
Who (or what) motivates you?