I’ve broken down my 2015 aspirations into month-to-month goals. If you’re interested, you can also check out my May Goals, May Recap, June Goals, June Recap, July Goals, July Recap, August Goals, August Recap, and September Goals.
We’re already over a week into October, but here are my September goals recap and October goals, anyway 🙂
My October’s goals…
- Stay accountable. I think I did well with this one. I was struggling in the motivation department as August came to a close, but I finished my workouts this month even when I didn’t want to start and most importantly, rested when my body said, “Rest.”
- Stay injury free. Yes! By sticking with goal #1, I showed up at the start line of the Navy Air Force Half Marathon injury-free and ready to run.
- Race a half marathon. Yes, again! I raced a faster second half and finished my last mile two minutes faster than the mile 12.
Here’s what I’d like to get done this October:
- Race shorter distances. I changed my mind about running another half marathon this month, but that doesn’t mean I can’t try my hand at some other distances. I have a 10K planned, but I wouldn’t mind a 5k or the like if it came my way!
- Get to the gym. After I moved apartments in August, I left behind my “free” in-building gym. I was debating joining a gym in the city until I remembered that I’m still a grad student and have access to GW’s rec center. Whoops. I’m going to take advantage of those weights/bikes/machine and the pool while I still can.
- Try new things. This is a prime time to try some new (and old) classes I neglected while training for the half. Considering Pure Barre, TRX, and a little yoga!
Any new goals for you this month? Do you suggest any classes in the DC area?