Before I set new goals for November, I’m checking in with my October goals. Here’s how they fared…
- Race shorter distances. I did (kind of) participate in the Women’s Health RUN 10 FEED 10 fun run, but otherwise, I couldn’t make any other races work. I have, on the other hand, been dreaming up spring races and looking to test a little speed in my legs at my local Thanksgiving Day turkey trot.
- Get to the gym. Sure! I did make it to GW’s gym more than I ever have before (I kind of just remembered I had access), but I’ve been having more success cross training with October goal #3, and thus gym visits dropped toward the second half of the month.
- Try new things. This month, I fell in love with classes at Yoga District. I’d never been to a studio before, but it didn’t take my long to come back after my first visit. Also – only $11.35 a class?! I can swing that. My favorite class is Thursday’s Powerful Yoga Flow with Andrew on H ST, but I took a Sunday meditation class that was so peaceful I almost fell asleep during shavasana. I also took a basic skills training class at SportRock Alexandria, and I can’t wait to take my test and continue rock climbing.
Okay, November. I’ve got plans for you. This month, I’d like to…
- Participate in the Oiselle #ChaseTheBird Challenge. You can too! It’s simple: from November 1st – 26th, you’re challenged to (at least) 15 minutes of something everyday. I think this is the perfect incentive to get moving even on the days on I’d rather now. We can always spare 15 minutes!
- Stop sleeping in on my weekday runs. I’ve always known I’m not a morning person, but it’s been getting a little ridiculous. I snooze my way through almost every weekday run and then jeopardize the time i have to get it done. Making up runs later is stressful! My time is increasingly more limited as thesis deadline day approaches, and I need to use the time I have intelligently.
- Keep trying new things. Not specifically training for an upcoming race has freed my up my training schedule to try to new classes, and I want to keep the ball rolling. I still have so many more on my list! The scariest? An adult ballet class. I haven’t taken a class in 6+ years, and I can only imagine how sore I’ll be. But why not?!
What are your goals for November? Anyone else participating in #ChaseTheBird?