I was excited when I read this week’s Friday Five theme because I love race signs – making them, giggling at the silly ones, and spotting them during my first half. What’s not to love about things that cheer people on?!
- I saw, “Pain is temporary. Posting on Instagram is forever.” on social media before I went to cheer my best friend Emily at the 2014 NYC Marathon. It hit the perfect level of silliness I wanted.
- Run faster! We have brunch reservations. I spotted this one at the Navy Air Force Half Marathon, and it was perfect in a city that loves brunch as much as DC does. I also had my own brunch reservations to get to that day 😉
- Remember: you paid to do this! For the moments that really hurt, or are particularly hard, you can laugh, shake your head, and remember you wanted to do this so much you paid money to be there!
- Run like someone just called you a jogger. Not everyone feels that jogger is a bad word, but I’m not a fan, and that would make me run!
- And when in doubt, a “You run better than the government,” sign will always get a laugh in DC.
What’s the best race sign you’ve ever seen or made?