34 miles, 2 Pure Barre classes, 2 yoga classes, and one rest day rounded up week 7. While the two yoga classes I took were last minute additions, they were some of my favorite hours this week. An hour at power yoga did a tired runner’s body good, and Thursday’s aerial yoga was just straight fun. I feel like we get such few opportunities to just play as adults, and aerial yoga was a perfect time to just hang out upside down and giggle and get a little bonus stretch and meditation time too.
Other high points from week 7: 5 successful miles run at half marathon goal pace on Tuesday and a really awesome 13.1 mile long run. The training plan threw in 7 x 1 minute 5k pace surges after mile 8 to practice running on tired legs (especially after 7 miles the day before), and the surges/recovery time made those miles pass by faster and I felt great. My confidence is growing as the weeks go by, and I’m thanking my body for its hard work by making time with my a foam roller a nightly ritual – even if it’s just for a couple minute.
I did have a hard time motivating myself to get out the door on both of my weekend runs, but a weird lunch time run is better than no run at all.
- Monday: Pure Barre
- Tuesday: (am) 2 mile warm-up, 5 miles at half marathon goal pace, and a 1 mile cool-down; (pm) power yoga that felt incredible
- Wednesday: Pure Barre
- Thursday: (am) 6 easy miles and strides; (pm) aerial yoga
- Friday: I like you, rest day
- Saturday: 7 steady miles
- Sunday: 13.1 miles with 7 x 1 minute surges at mile 8- because why run just 13 scheduled miles when you’re only 0.1 away from a half marathon?
- Weekly mileage = 34 miles running