Another belated training recap – but it’s here! The highlight of this week’s training is running on my alma mater’s campus along the Hocking River in Athens, OH. I didn’t run in college, aside from a couple attempts on a rec treadmill, and it’s a shame because southeast Ohio is beautiful.
On Sunday, I actually PRd my half marathon time by a little over a minute, since the long run plan had some speedier miles thrown in from miles 9-11. I did a little rough math before my run, and knew it was possible, but I didn’t try to force the easy miles, aside from aiming to keep them consistent. It’s pretty anti-climactic to do it on a training run (although still exciting), and I hope race day’s plan for a double-digit PR is possible.
- Monday: Pure Barre
- Tuesday: 2 mile warm-up, 3 x (1 mile 10k pace, 1 mile marathon pace) intervals, and a 1 mile cool-down
- Wednesday: Pure Barre
- Thursday: (am) 3.0 miles before work after I waited out the worst of a rainstorm (pm) 2.4 more miles to aerial yoga
- Friday: Travel day/rest day
- Saturday: 8.4 miles
- Sunday: 13.1 miles along the Hocking River in Athens with 4 speedier miles from 9-11 at HMGP + 10s, and 1 cool-down mile
- Weekly mileage = 36 miles
I’m linking up Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC and her training recap.