It’s done!!! I’ll be sharing a race recap later this week, but I wanted to post the final week of training leading up to race day. Spoiler: I did it! I got my PR. I beat my A goal and ran a 2:20:29 with an average pace of 10:39 for a 16 minute PR. I’m over the moon. It was a beautiful day to race.
Real talk: my right knee is pretty stiff this morning from a peeved IT band, but I am more than happy to rest. I’m particularly looking forward to sleeping in a couple mornings and see how I feel in a couple days.
- Monday: Pure Barre
- Tuesday: Skipped the scheduled workout (8 x 800m at 10k pace) for 4 easy miles to baby the ITB issue
- Wednesday: Pure Barre
- Thursday: 3.2 easy miles with my brother
- Friday: Rest day
- Saturday: 3 mile shakeout run downtown
- Sunday: 13.1 miles at the Owens Corning Half Marathon
- Weekly mileage = 23 miles
I’m linking up Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC‘s training recap.