Week 8 finishes out two months of marathon training! Since last week was my first 40+ mile week, I knew I could do it again, and I actually have one more week of high mileage before a much anticipated cutback week.
- Monday: Rest day
- Tuesday: 2 mile warm-up to the track, 16 x 400m at 8-10k pace w/45s rest, and a 0.75 mile cool-down back home
- Wednesday: (am) Pure Barre + (pm) 5 miles easy
- Thursday: 2 mile warm-up, 3 x 2 miles a little faster than half marathon pace, and a 1 mile cool-down
- Friday: Glow yoga – much needed yoga practice under fun black lights!
- Saturday: 14.3 birthday miles in Pinckney
- Sunday: 1 easy mile, 5 “steady miles,” and 1.7 easy miles to round up the weekly mileage
- Weekly mileage = 44
I usually use Friday as my rest day, but since last week’s rest day included 13+ miles of walking around Chicago…I figured a real one was deserved and switched it to Monday.
Low of the week was not budgeting enough time on Saturday to get in another 1.7 miles for my schedule 16-miler, but that trail run was tough, and I was out there for about the same time I would’ve for a road 16er. It was actually exactly how I wanted to spend my birthday – trail running long, followed by a giant Cuban burger + margarita at Frita Batido in Ann Arbor.