Here’s a quick rundown of week 15! It’s race week (!!!), and my brain is having trouble thinking about anything other than race day. I will be posting my race goals in the next couple of days, and in the meantime, I’m trying to determine a race plan to make the goal possible.
Tapering is weird. I’m so excited for race day, but I’m also equally excited to take a break from training, sleep in, and run for as long or as short as I’d like, when I like.
Week 15 had an extra prescribed rest day, which I gladly took, and a big cutback in the long run. It was supposed to be 6, but Tuesday’s run was shorter than planned, and I felt good!
- Monday: Rest day
- Tuesday: 1 warm-up mile, 2 @ marathon pace (10:07, 10:04), and 2 cool-down miles
- Wednesday: 6.3 easy miles
- Thursday: Pure Barre, followed by 5 easy paced miles
- Friday: 4 miles, including 2 that were a little faster than intended…paced by the pup
- Saturday: Rest day
- Sunday: Aerial yoga + 6.7 mile “long” run
- Weekly mileage = 27